Dustraction installs a new dust management system at the factory of busy kitchen and bedroom fitted furniture systems maker East Coast Fittings at Rearsby in Leicestershire.
New Dust Control System for Kitchen Manufacturer
The specified system is based on Dustraction’s X5 CycloFilter, which will be dealing with production waste from a range of top German manufacturing legends including Weeke and Homag and will also accommodate the needs of any future increases in production margins.
The chief advantage of Dustraction’s cyclo filtration system is the virtual absence of moving parts and therefore of future maintenance needs.
Dustrax X5 Cyclone Filter System
The new Dustrax X5 Cyclo is designed to handle an air volume requirement at East Coast in excess of 32,000 cubic metres per hour of manufacturing time and to return clean air fit to breathe into the working environment at the Rearsby factory.
Dustraction’s cyclo filter is the latest state-of-the-art technology. The filter is of hugely robust construction, having been fabricated in 3mm thick steel plate to last a virtual working lifetime. Competitive equipment currently on the market is more usually manufactured in lighter weight and therefore much less robust materials.
24 Hour a Day Operation
The new cyclo filter at East Coast Fittings will run 24 hours a day with no further need of maintenance; Dustraction has many examples of Dustrax systems running in the UK on materials such as MDF and chipboard.
Their cyclo filters are fully guaranteed for 6,000 hours, or for three years, and many installations are operating currently for comfortably upwards of 30,000 hours on their existing filter bags. One installation at SAM Mouldings in Antrim manufactures MDF mouldings and produces 1500kg of waste per hour, all being handled by a Dustraction cyclo filter.
Waste is tangentially blown into the filter chamber and 95% of the material is cyclonically separated before even reaching the filter media. Air passes through the filtration element leaving the remaining 5% of the particulate to cake on the outside of the filter tubes.
At a preset pressure drop, a short burst of compressed air is released down the inside of each filter sleeve, in the opposite direction to the travel of extraction air-flow, to dislodge all accumulated dust cake.